Article written by and originally published on The Asian Parent.
Have you tried many diets over the past year, attempting to shed those pounds, yet haven’t quite succeeded? Here are some tips on how to lose weight safely through a weight-loss diet and exercise.
How to Lose Weight Through Weight Loss Diet
It can be hard to lose weight. Sometimes, the weight doesn’t come off even when we try harder. But there are ways to ensure that we succeed in our fitness goals. It begins with understanding how to lose weight through various means, a healthy diet, and working out.
Let’s go over different weight loss diets you can try depending on your needs and how to use them to your advantage.
Keto is a low-carb, high-fat diet that has recently gained popularity. The goal of keto is to get the body into a state of ketosis, which occurs when your body burns fat instead of carbohydrates for energy. This can help you lose weight and improve your health.
The main benefit of the keto diet is its ability to help people lose weight. This occurs because when you eat foods containing sugar or carbohydrates (like bread and pasta), your body uses these nutrients as fuel before burning fat. When you’re on a low-carb diet like keto, however, your body burns fat for energy more quickly than carbohydrates or sugars—which leads directly to weight loss.
Another benefit of keto is that it helps reduce blood pressure by lowering sodium levels in your bloodstream. This means that if high blood pressure runs in your family, then this diet could help lower your risk for heart disease and stroke later on down the road!
How to Lose Weight Through Calorie Deficit
With a calorie deficit, your body burns more calories than you consume.
If you’re trying to lose weight, you’ll want to be sure that you are eating enough calories to maintain your current weight. This can be tricky because if you don’t track the amount of food that goes into your body, it’s easy to overeat without realizing it. You may also be surprised by how many calories are in some foods (like vegetables).
The best way to ensure that your calorie intake is adequate for maintaining your current weight is by tracking your food intake with an app like MyFitnessPal or Lose It!
These apps make it easy for you to enter what you eat and track the caloric value of each item. They also provide helpful information about how many calories different types of food contain so that you can plan meals accordingly.
Intermittent fasting is a popular weight loss diet that has been gaining traction for years. It involves alternating periods of eating and fasting over a week. The fast can last anywhere from 16 hours to 48 hours.
The intermittent fast is an effective way to help you lose weight because it forces your body to burn more fat, not muscle. When you eat, your body uses glucose as energy, but when you’re fasting, your body turns to fat stores. This means that while you’re fasting, your body will use up more stored energy than usual, resulting in more weight loss.
Intermittent fasting isn’t just effective at burning fat; it also helps reduce inflammation in the body and helps prevent disease.
Remember to check in with your physician before starting any weight loss diets. To help the process, you can also:
- Keep a food journal: When you track what you eat, you’re more aware of what goes in your mouth. This can help you figure out your eating habits, so that you can manage your eating better.
- Don’t skip any meals: It may be tempting to think that eating less would lead to losing weight — and this could work but only in the short term. kipping meals can lead to overeating at the next meal because you’re hungry and craving food. This is never good for weight loss efforts! Instead, try eating more often—five or six small meals throughout the day instead of three large ones. This is so that you always feel full and satisfied without ever feeling hungry or deprived of food options!
How to Lose Weight Through Weight Loss Exercise
Exercise is essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. But keeping up with your routine can be difficult when you’re trying to balance the demands of family and friends during the holidays.
When you ask the experts for tips on how to lose weight, one of the things they will say is that you need to get active.
Exercise is one of the most effective ways to burn fat and helps with muscle tone and overall health. Exercise can be as simple as taking a walk or more intense, like running or lifting weights. You should aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise per day, but if you can do more than that, go for it!
If you’re unsure where to start, some exercises will help you burn fat. According to Healthline, there are eight best exercises for weight loss.
- Walking: Fortunately, there are some simple ways to add more activity to your life without having to give up time with your loved ones. Try walking for exercise or take time out of your day for a quick 15-minute workout. Walking is one of the best ways to lose weight during this time because it doesn’t require extra equipment or even much space. All you need is a pair of comfortable shoes, ready to go!
- Jogging: Jogging is a great way to lose weight during the holidays because it is a low-impact exercise that can be done almost anywhere. You can jog in your neighbourhood, at the gym, or even at the mall to get a little extra shopping in while you work out! Jogging will burn fat and help increase your metabolism, so you continue to burn calories even after exercising.
- Cycling: If you’re trying to lose weight, cycling can be an excellent choice for getting in shape and burning calories. Cycling is a low-impact exercise that can help improve your cardiovascular health, burn fat and reduce body fat. It is one of the best ways to burn calories because it uses all major muscle groups. It also helps improve overall fitness by building endurance and strength while improving coordination and balance.
- Weight training: Weight training is an amazing way to get in shape because it helps you build muscle mass, increase your metabolism and help your body burn fat faster throughout the day. And when you’re lifting weights or doing push-ups or squats, you’re also working out your core muscles which means better posture—which can make your stomach look flatter!
- Interval training: Interval training alternates between periods of intense exercise with low-intensity exercise. You can do this by running laps around a track or field or doing a series of push-ups followed by a series of sit-ups. If done right, interval training can burn more calories than cardio alone.
- Swimming: Swimming is an excellent way to burn calories because it uses all of your body simultaneously (not just one muscle). You’ll feel invigorated after swimming laps in the pool or taking a long jog around the lake!
- Yoga: Apart from a mat, you don’t really need any special equipment to start doing yoga and some routines are as quick as 10 minutes. Additionally, yoga has many benefits beyond helping you lose weight, including improving muscle tone and flexibility, reducing stress levels and anxiety, improving sleep quality and circulation, and relieving chronic pain conditions such as backaches or arthritis flares up.
- Pilates: A low-impact workout, pilates is designed to be done slowly; as such, you can get in a good workout without stressing your joints. Pilates also works your core muscles, and focusing on strengthening your abs and back muscles, which will help keep your posture straight and make it easier for you to move around all day long! Plus, when those muscles are strong enough, they can also help improve other areas of your body (like helping with breathing).
Of course, before starting on any new routine, remember to consult with a doctor on what kind of weight loss exercise is recommended for you.
There are many ways how to lose weight, but before embarking on a weight loss journey, make sure you have the proper guidance from your doctor, especially if you have just given birth or you have pre-existing medical conditions.
We are rooting for you!