5 to 8 years
We are looking for a Software Engineering Team Lead responsible for driving product
engineering teams at Doctor Anywhere. The primary focus would be to drive new
products forward while building the necessary platforms and team to support it. This role
involves wearing multiple hats while participating in the entire product lifecycle. The
ideal candidate should possess a passion for technology and is able to work on product
development as well as hands-on technical work.
This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
• Champion their assigned platform and build on it independently creating a team to support it along the way. • Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
• Identify and correct bottlenecks
• Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization.
• Develop applications for time-sensitive projects while considering business/system requirements.
• Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
• Identify and raise technical risks.
• Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
• Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5-8 years of relevant experience in enterprise applications including Spring framework, Struts and Web services, UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.)
• 2-3 years of experience in leading/managing small teams.
• Experience in translating technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders.
• Strong experience as a developer prior to management roles.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle, SCM tools and CI/CD pipeline.
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
• High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion.