Team Lead/Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
As a key member of the local Engineering and Technology team, you will be a trusted partner to the Chief Technology Officer and various stakeholders on software engineering-related issues.
- Champion their assigned platform and build on it independently creating a team to support it along the way.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization.
- Develop applications for time-sensitive projects while considering business/system requirements.
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Any other adhoc duties assigned when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5-8 years of relevant experience in enterprise applications including Spring framework, Struts and Web services, UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.
- 2-3 years of experience in leading/managing small teams.
- Has experience in translating technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders.
- Strong experience as a developer prior to management roles.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle, SCM tools and CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion.