The role we are hiring for
We are seeking a Senior Pharmacist who will be responsible for all aspects of purchasing including managing vendors and forwarders to efficiently and cost-effectively support the operations of Doctor Anywhere Group of Companies. You will have technical knowledge, strong negotiation and analytical skills, strong multi-tasking capabilities: can manage several projects with their own challenges and in different stages of completion.
The ideal candidate will have a mindset of continuous improvement and change and will demonstrate curiosity, collaboration and the ability to deal with ambiguity especially in a start-up environment.
Prior experiences in Pharmacy will be helpful. You are passionate about making crucial decisions, such as negotiating contracts, optimising product costs, delivering efficient and innovative operations, and dealing with suppliers.
This role reports directly to the Assistant Medical Director.
A summary of the key responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective
- Sourcing of drugs / medical consumables and equipment at the best possible price
- Negotiating and establishing contracts with vendors to obtain maximal cost savings
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Approving purchase orders, organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
- Promoting a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track inventory & PO
- Preparing procurement reports
- Supporting innovation projects and new business development activities
- Degree in Pharmacy with minimally 5 years of relevant experience
- Registered Pharmacist with the Singapore Pharmacy Council
- 3+ years’ purchasing management experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven negotiation & persuasion skills
- Good command of Microsoft office
- You have unquestioned integrity and high standards in the work you do
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper growth environment would be a bonus
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude, pragmatic, and able to work independently when required
- Comfortable with ambiguity – we’re a fast-growing business and there’s always unchartered territories, which is part of the fun. You should be comfortable with it and understand that not everything is 100% defined all the time.