Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering and Technology
About Doctor Anywhere
Doctor Anywhere is a regional tech-enabled omni channel healthcare service company, headquartered in Singapore. With a strong network of established healthcare providers and experienced doctors, our digital platform and mobile app enable users to manage their health easily and effectively where they can consult a licensed local doctor anytime, anywhere, and get medication delivered to their doorsteps within hours.
Under the DA Network clinics, users also have access to a panel of general practitioners, specialists, and allied healthcare providers. Complementing this ecosystem is the DA Marketplace where users can shop for a wide range of health and wellness products and services all in one place.
We now serve more than one million, and growing users and our aim is to increase healthcare accessibility and provide affordable health care for everyone. Join us to help everyone lead happier and healthier lives!
Our team and the role we are hiring for
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team to work on large scale, complex system that brings innovation to healthcare. You will be working on modern technology stack and in a cross-functional environment that promotes collaboration within/across teams and managing both internal/external stakeholders.
You will be working closely with engineering teams to design, maintain and build a distributed infrastructure. You have experience in supporting large scale and highly critical applications, automating the deployment, monitoring and scaling of the applications. You will also be working closely with the developers and QAs in investigating and resolving production issues.
This role reports directly to the Head of Infrastructure & Security.
- Architect, design and maintain reliable infrastructure and security services in public cloud to deliver highly available and scalable services.
- Automate processes to minimize manual work and to meet security and compliance objectives.
- Use native AWS infrastructure services such as EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch etc to perform basic system administration tasks.
- Implement configuration management and infrastructure as code (etc, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible).
- Design and implement cloud-based architecture for new projects for data analytics, web portals, and mobile applications.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems with 8+ years of experience in creating secured cloud-based infrastructure
- Has experience in defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Clear understanding of web technologies (like REST APIs, secure network communication, Node JS, React, Python, SQL and NoSQL)
- Has experience in implementing security solutions to continuously monitor the infrastructure for threats
- Has experience in using and administering IT-monitoring toolsets like CloudWatch, DataDog, Zenoss, Nagios, etc.
- Familiarity with systems monitoring, log aggregation, and dashboard solutions (e.g. Elastic, ELK, Splunk, Prometheus)
- Has experience in building and operating mission critical, highly available (24×7) systems
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper growth environment
- Comfortable with fast paced operations and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills