As a member of the local Medical Services team, you will be responsible for collection of blood specimens from patients.
- Responsible for the collection and tagging of blood specimens as outlined in the medical requisition.
- Perform phlebotomy procedures using proper, sterile and safe techniques.
- Ensure patient identification matches official document.
- Strictly observe pre blood collection, blood collection and post blood collection procedures.
- Prepare specimens and test requests for timely despatch to laboratory.
- Assist in managing and inventory supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygienic work environment.
- To travel offsite to perform phlebotomy testing.
- Any other adhoc duties assigned when appropriate.
- Diploma in in Nursing/Medical Technology or recognised Certificate in Phlebotomy with 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work in shifts, especially on weekends and public holidays
- Ability to work independently
- Responsible, positive, diligent, multi-tasker, attentive and compassionate