People Operations Manager
The role we are hiring for
We are seeking a People Operations Manager who will partner closely with the Director, People & Culture in driving HR operational excellence for Doctor Anywhere in Singapore and the region. You will also take on the role of business partnering with the Customer Service and Operations teams at DA, and work closely with managers across multiple teams and sites in Singapore to ensure HR deliverables are met.
You will have an eye for detail and unwavering commitment to improve and streamline processes with the aim of improving our employee experience. As our People Operations Manager, you will be part of our People & Culture Team managing our People Operations Specialist and collaborating closely with Payroll, Legal, Finance teams and providing HR support for our managers and employees.
You thrive in a fast-paced operational environment and have a passion for partnering with managers to deliver impactful talent solutions and culture for this workforce. You must be skilled at designing HR practices for Customer Service and Operations workforce, strong in influencing and mentoring others and great at building strong relationships at all levels. You are passionate about providing excellent internal client support and driving HR operational excellence along with the People & Culture team.
You have an appreciation and understanding for technology. The ideal candidate will have a mindset of continuous improvement and change and will demonstrate curiosity, collaboration and the ability to deal with ambiguity especially in a start-up environment. You are passionate about providing excellent internal client support across the entire organization.
Prior experiences in a HR Services / HR Operations function supporting Singapore, Malaysia and preferably other countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and India will be helpful.
This role reports directly to the regional Director, People & Culture.
- You will be an employee facing member of the People & Culture team working closely with employees across the region from onboarding to offboarding, including providing HR support to the business, answering employee and manager questions about people policies and processes.
- You are a trusted advisor and operate with a strong business mindset and understanding of business needs to execute people-related strategies together with leaders and managers in Customer Service and Operations.
- Guide and coach people managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve minor and complex people issues (e.g. performance management, conflict management, retention, etc)
- Maintain and audit data entered in our HR system during the employee lifecycle, and run reports where necessary.
- Maintain, review and continuously update DA’s people policies and templates to ensure they remain relevant to the business and various employee groups.
- Take ownership of immigrations, benefits administration and HRIS.
- Partner with the Director, People & Culture in all regulatory, compliance and audit related activities for Singapore and the region where appropriate.
- Partner closely with the Talent Acquisition team and People Operations to provide positive employee experience from hiring and onboarding, development to offboarding of employees, driving HR operations excellence throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Take on People & Culture projects with the rest of the team.
- 5-8 years HR Operations and/or HR Generalist experience. HRBP experience is a big plus.
- Unquestioned integrity and confidentiality.
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Demonstrated client-service orientation, with a clear, approachable, and friendly communication style with a positive customer service and solutions-focused attitude.
- Demonstrates empathy and ability to connect with team members from Customer Service and Operations.
- Tech savvy and comfortable with any HRIS (preferably BambooHR), GSuite especially Excel skills.
- Detail oriented and have patience to audit and dive deep into HR data to determine patterns and check for inaccuracies.
- Technical curiosity and interest in evolving trends in HR products and services.
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper growth environment and one where there have been acquisitions and there are multiple legal entities to be managed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to clearly articulate policies and programs to employees.