Manager, Business Development
The role we are hiring for
We are seeking a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for driving new business revenues from Insurance companies/ corporate partners and TPA. You will have minimally 5 years of business development/sales experience within the Healthcare industry.
The ideal candidate will have a mindset of continuous improvement and change and will demonstrate curiosity, collaboration and the ability to deal with ambiguity especially in a start-up environment.
This role reports directly to the General Manager, Malaysia.
A summary of the key responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
- Coordinate and drive new business revenues from potential partners including insurance and corporate partners.
- Generate and qualify new leads and be resourceful in using multiple approaches to penetrate prospective accounts.
- Build team to execute on opening and closing deals end-to-end including pitching, alignment, negotiation, contracting and implementation.
- Engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders (Product, Marketing etc) to localize and/or customize the products/solutions suitable for Malaysia, giving Doctor Anywhere competitive advantage in launching the products.
- Attend conferences and industry events to stay abreast of market influences and changes.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of progressive Business Development experience in Insurance/Healthcare or similar industries
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to drive changes and with continuous improvement mentality
- Excellent team player to facilitate close partnering with local and regional teams
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper growth environment would be a bonus
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude, pragmatic, and able to work independently when required
- Comfortable with ambiguity – we’re a fast-growing business and there’s always unchartered territories, which is part of the fun. You should be comfortable with it and understand that not everything is 100% defined all the time.