The role we are hiring for
We are seeking a Legal Counsel who will report directly to the Senior Legal Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have a mindset of continuous improvement and adaptability and will demonstrate curiosity, collaboration and the ability to deal with ambiguity especially in a start-up environment.
Prior experiences in personal data protection and M&A will be an advantage. You should be passionate about technology and helping to grow the legal function.
A summary of the key responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
- Assist the Senior Legal Counsel in advising our local and regional stakeholders on a broad range of operational and commercial matters;
- Advise on employment matters, personal data protection laws, medical/health laws and regulations;
- Advise, draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts (including service agreements, vendor agreements, marketing agreements and NDAs);
- Advise on M&A transactions (including due diligence and contractual negotiations);
- Assist in the updating and development of corporate and contractual policies and templates;
- Conduct research on various legal issues;
- Manage contractual documentation;
- Assist in corporate secretarial duties.
- At least 3 years’ PQE;
- Background in commercial law;
- You have unquestionable integrity and high standards in the work you do;
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow;
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper growth environment would be a bonus;
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude, pragmatic, and able to work independently when required;
- Comfortable with ambiguity – we’re a fast-growing business and there’s always unchartered territories, which is part of the fun. You should be comfortable with it and understand that not everything is 100% defined all the time.