Head of Engineering
Engineering and Technology
About Doctor Anywhere
Doctor Anywhere is a regional tech-enabled omni channel healthcare service company, headquartered in Singapore. With a strong network of established healthcare providers and experienced doctors, our digital platform and mobile app enable users to manage their health easily and effectively where they can consult a licensed local doctor anytime, anywhere, and get medication delivered to their doorsteps within hours.
Under the DA Network clinics, users also have access to a panel of general practitioners, specialists, and allied healthcare providers. Complementing this ecosystem is the DA Marketplace where users can shop for a wide range of health and wellness products and services all in one place.
We now serve more than one million, and growing users and our aim is to increase healthcare accessibility and provide affordable health care for everyone. Join us to help everyone lead happier and healthier lives!
Our team and the role we are hiring for
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated leader to join our Engineering team to work on large scale, complex system that brings innovation to healthcare. You will be working on modern technology stack and in a cross-functional environment that promotes collaboration within/across teams and managing both internal/external stakeholders.
As Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the engineering teams in all aspects of product development from initialization till rolled-out. You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the strategic, software development methodology and IT architecture vision. The ideal candidate will have strong ownership, good communication skills, enjoy working in highly collaborative and fast paced environments.
This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Building and leading high-performing teams through effective hiring and coaching
- Develop and lead the execution of the engineering roadmap
- Develop the technical strategy and scalable architecture using modern distributed application software that meets the overall business requirements
- Ability to create and implement software engineering solutions using modern software engineering best practices
- Willing to roll up sleeves and get into codebase from time to time
- Provide technical direction on all software development activities
- At least 10 years working experience in software/product engineering in fast-paced environments
- At least 2 years of experience in a senior-level engineering management role, leading large teams of engineers and driving large-scale projects and products, in collaboration with product, design and commercial teams
- Excellent stakeholder management and strong advocate on Agile methodology
- Deep knowledge of current technological trends, frontend, backend, data, cloud native applications such as Java, Microservices, UI development, Cloud, DevOps, Data Engineering, Databases, etc.
- Experienced in back-end, architecture and infrastructure and web services.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with individuals from multiple domains, from product owners to 3rd party partners
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record in leading high performance technology teams