Head of Data
Engineering and Technology
About Doctor Anywhere
Doctor Anywhere is a regional tech-enabled omni channel healthcare service company, headquartered in Singapore. With a strong network of established healthcare providers and experienced doctors, our digital platform and mobile app enable users to manage their health easily and effectively where they can consult a licensed local doctor anytime, anywhere, and get medication delivered to their doorsteps within hours.
Under the DA Network clinics, users also have access to a panel of general practitioners, specialists, and allied healthcare providers. Complementing this ecosystem is the DA Marketplace where users can shop for a wide range of health and wellness products and services all in one place.
We now serve more than one million, and growing users and our aim is to increase healthcare accessibility and provide affordable health care for everyone. Join us to help everyone lead happier and healthier lives!
Our team and the role we are hiring for
The Data team within Doctor Anywhere oversees all of the company’s data-related requirements. The goal is to use the data to assist the company in making product/business decisions, and measure its effectiveness. This team works closely with our Product, Engineering, Business to develop a deep understanding of how our products are used and influence the company strategy.
As the Head of Data, you play a fundamental role in developing the data science strategy, ensuring data security, and providing leadership, vision and direction to the team on using advanced data technologies to create values for our product. You will be leading a team of data scientists, data engineers, working in collaboration with other functions in the company.
This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Building and leading a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers & Business Analysts responsible for building and supporting the data and analytics platforms
- Develop a roadmap and strategy for the data team, setting up company-wide data strategy
- Provide leadership in building data science models that enhances the value of the product
- Leading the Data team in building and enhancing our distributed data architecture and the needed tools for collecting, storing, managing quality and protection of data
- Empower and mentor team members with regards to data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence and data analytics
- At least 10 years working experience in the area of big data, data warehousing, BI & reporting and / or data management
- At least 2 years of experience in a senior-level data management role
- Experience in developing and implementing company-wide data strategy
- Strong architecture and technical skills in the Data and ML domains
- Prior hands-on experience in data engineering working with big data framework
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on product development
- Strong communications skills with ability to work with individuals from multiple domains, from product owners to 3rd party partners
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record in leading high performance technology teams