Executive, Inpatient Claims
The role we are hiring for
We are seeking an Inpatient Claims Executive who will provide accurate and timely assessment of medical claims within the required service standards and ensure that claims are paid accurately and promptly. You will have 1 to 3 years of relevant working experience in claims processing or related.
The ideal candidate will have a mindset of continuous improvement and change and will demonstrate curiosity, collaboration and the ability to deal with ambiguity especially in a start-up environment.
Prior experiences in inpatient claim assessing will be helpful. You are passionate about providing good customer service and continuous improvement of overall customer journey.
This role reports directly to the Team Lead of Inpatient Claim Team.
A summary of the key responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
- Handle the administrative functions in Claims Department including claims registration, claims processing, sending of reminder letters and settlement letters upon claims approval.
- Handle customer service by communicating effectively and promptly with internal and external stakeholders not limited to policyholders/claimants/doctors/nurses/insurers on claims or related work matters, and ensures customer satisfaction in the services provided.
- Investigate, evaluate and settle claims in an efficient and timely manner, further investigating questionable claims to determine policy liability.
- Ensure claims are assessed according to Policy’s terms & benefits and are settled within the agreed turnaround time.
- Ensure that pending claims are followed up and managed on a timely basis.
- Ensure strict adherence to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in any ad-hoc project(s) or duties when required.
- Diploma/Degree in relevant discipline with 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in claims processing
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Insurance professional qualifications and health claims experience preferred
- Certification in Health Insurance (HI) is required
- Meticulous and able to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Unquestioned integrity and high standards in the work you do
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Experience of working within a tech start-up and hyper growth environment would be a bonus
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude, pragmatic, and able to work independently when required
- Comfortable with ambiguity – we’re a fast-growing business and there’s always unchartered territories, which is part of the fun. You should be comfortable with it and understand that not everything is 100% defined all the time.