About Doctor Anywhere
Doctor Anywhere is a regional tech-enabled omni channel healthcare service company, headquartered in Singapore. With a strong network of established healthcare providers and experienced doctors, our digital platform and mobile app enable users to manage their health easily and effectively where they can consult a licensed local doctor anytime, anywhere, and get medication delivered to their doorsteps within hours.
Under the DA Network clinics, users also have access to a panel of general practitioners, specialists, and allied healthcare providers. Complementing this ecosystem is the DA Marketplace where users can shop for a wide range of health and wellness products and services all in one place.
We now serve more than one million, and growing users and our aim is to increase healthcare accessibility and provide affordable health care for everyone. Join us to help everyone lead happier and healthier lives!
Our team and the role we are hiring for
The Data team within Doctor Anywhere oversees all of the company’s data-related requirements. The goal is to use the data to assist the company in making product/business decisions, and measure its effectiveness. This team works closely with our Product, Engineering, Business to develop a deep understanding of how our products are used and influence the company strategy.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Data Engineer who will ensure the smooth operation of a high volume data pipeline solutions and architecture. You will be working closely in a cross-functional environment, collaborating with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Engineering Teams and Business Stakeholders, providing the organization with analytical data.
This role reports directly to the Head of Data.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, AWS & GCP ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secured across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Information Systems with minimally 5 years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Has experience in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Has experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Has experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Has experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Has experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Has experience with GCP cloud services
- Has experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Has experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Proven ability of building strong working relationships, both internal and external to the organization
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper growth environment
- Comfortable with fast paced operations and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills